If you can make pancakes, you can make fried salmon patties! It is that easy! Let’s get into this!
What You Need
- 1 can of salmon (14.75oz)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Pepper, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder (season to taste)
- Vegetable oil
1) Optional: Remove the bones out of the canned salmon. There are usually two rows.
2) Mix the salmon, eggs, flour, cornmeal and seasonings. It’s not pretty at all, but it will all come together in the saucepan!
3) Add the vegetable oil to the saucepan.
4) Use a spoon to place salmon mixture into the saucepan.
5) Brown on each side.
6) Place the cooked salmon on paper towels to drain.
Salmon is one thing I make that my family enjoys including my picky son. It’s also my dad’s favorite so it’s a no-brainer for a Father’s Day meal for him. It’s pretty easy to make too!
Within the past year or so, at my husband’s request, I started cooking them longer to brown them more. Man, was he right! The amount of crunch and flavor is amazing! Listen, I tried baking them once. I would not recommend it! Stick with what you know Shannan! LOL!
If you want to add even more flavor, pour syrup on top. OR you can sop them with syrup! Yes sop! I am southern! LOL! You can add the salmon to your bread of choice and then dip them in syrup. It’s delicious!
I love how versatile salmon is. We mostly eat it with rice, but cheese grits or mashed potatoes work too! Or throw it between bread slices, add mayonnaise and it makes a tasty sandwich!
But, no matter how you eat it, you’re sure to enjoy it! I hope you enjoy this recipe! Until next time Comfies! Happy eating!
For my hamburger hash recipe, click here!