Thank so much for joining me! Shall we get started? I found this recipe on Facebook and experimented with it!
Here’s what you’ll need!
• 2 lbs of cooked ground beef
• 5 cups of potatoes (diced)
• 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
• 1 can of corn (drained)
• 3 individual packets of Italian dressing mix
• 1 pack of Mozzarella cheese
• crock-pot liner (optional)
- Put liner inside the crock-pot. This is optional, but makes for an easier cleanup.
- Place potatoes in first. (You want them to be fully covered so the heat can soften them.)
- Add cooked ground beef, Italian dressing mix, corn, cream of mushroom soup and 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese.
- Stir everything up, except the potatoes. Leave them on the bottom. You could also combine these ingredients before placing them in. Your choice!
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours. Check after 5 hours to see if you like the texture of the potatoes. If not, cook for another hour.
- Put the remaining Mozzarella cheese on top and cover for 10 minutes.
Now, it’s time to eat! Enjoy!
I cook for my parents once a week and decided to go with this recipe. I was experimenting with new seasoning and cheese so I let that be known from the jump! I’ve done this recipe before, but with mild cheddar cheese and less beef! I like this version much better! My sister brought to my attention that this is like Shepherd’s Pie! I was like…hmmmm….it is!
Listen, this was a hit y’all! Well, with the adults. (My children didn’t try it.) My dad and I both had seconds. I also made Jiffy cornbread, which has recently become a hit! The key is to use a 1/2 cup of milk instead of 1/3 as the box suggests. You can thank me later! LOL! It is so fluffy!
Social Media vs. Reality
I am so tickled at these pictures below. Of course, I needed the nice clean picture for social media. But listen, although we use real plates at my house (thanks dishwasher!), we use paper plates when eating at my parents’ house! They don’t use their dishwasher at all! So, paper plates it is!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and the commentary! Until next time Comfies! Happy eating!
For my fried salmon patties recipe, click here!